“Know first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly” – Epictetus.
As the days go by, we realise more and more the importance of knowing one’s self. You are made up of much more than you see on the outside; the real person is on the inside waiting to be discovered.
Dare to dig deep within and discover the many treasures God has deposited within you waiting to be mined and polished into beautiful talents worthy to be exchanged for value. The deeper you dig, the more you find.
Get into a relationship with yourself. Ask questions like you were getting to know a new person you really wanted to become best friends with. Ask questions like:
- What are the things I like and why do I really like them?
- What are the things I dislike and why do I really dislike them?
- What is really my favourite colour?
- Do I really enjoy how I spend my day and in what ways could I enjoy my day better?
- Am I on the right path to getting to the vision of myself I want to be?
- Am I living consciously or just playing out someone else’s script?
- Am I satisfied with the way my life is right now or I want more?
- Will I be willing to put in more for the better version of me I desire?
These are some of the questions that would help you discover who you really are and the necessary steps required to improve the present you. According to Auguste Comte, “Know yourself to improve yourself.”
It is true that the more you discover the TRUE YOU, the more you will desire to be a better version of the present YOU.
Take the time to build a relationship with yourself to enjoy the fulness of the potential you carry.
Uhunoma takes joy in encouraging and supporting everyone she is connected to. She believes that one can really become the person they want to be, build that person and grow in their chosen path.
She really enjoys journaling, writing and designing. When asked, she would tell you Ï’m the KING’s Daughter, the Prince’s Wife, Mother to Amazing Children, an Author, Business Enthusiast and a Love being!”.